Second Chance Checking
At UECU, we believe in second chances. If you’ve experienced a financial hardship and you are trying to get your finances back on track, this may be the right account for you. The Green Light Checking™ Account can help you manage your money and improve your overall financial wellness. There are no high balance requirements, and you get the functionality of a standard checking account. This special account also includes a free credit counseling session with a Financial Services Consultant and access to UECU’s CueItUp financial wellness resources.
Key Features and Benefits
- Mobile and Online Banking
- Mobile Check Deposit
- Visa® Debit Card with Nationwide ATM Surcharge Rebates
- VantagePoints™ Rewards on your debit card purchases1
- Non-interest bearing
- No minimum balance requirement
- Low monthly service fee – only $12
- Account not eligible for check ordering
- Advantages Visa Debit Card™ perks:
- Nationwide ATM surcharge rebates – up to $8 per month
- VantagePoints™ Rewards1
- Mobile wallet capability with Apple Pay™, Google Pay, and Samsung Pay
- Visa’s Personal Identity Theft Coverage2
- Additional debit card services: Card Controls, Visa Purchase Alerts, and Visa Click to Pay
- Advantages Bill Pay™ – set-up and manage your bill payments
- Direct Deposit available
- Choose E-Statements & earn extra rewards1
- Request to upgrade to any UECU Checking Account after establishing healthy checking activity. We’ll even help you get there! Safeguard your account from NSF fees with Overdraft Protection. This service automatically pulls available funds from your Share Savings Account, Visa® Power Card ™ or personal line of credit in the event you inadvertently exceed the balance in your account!
Ready to Get Started?
Call 800.288.6423 or Open Your Account Online.
1 Advantages Visa® Debit Card™ holders earn 1 point for every $4 spent on Visa purchases. ATM cash transactions or cash advance transactions are not eligible to earn points. Advantages Visa® Debit Card™ holders, who go paperless and opt out of paper statements for their Member Statements, earn 1 point for every $2 spent on Visa purchases. You must be enrolled in Mobile or Online Banking to change your paperless settings and opt out of paper statements. For complete VantagePoints™ rules, click here. 2 When you activate your Advantages Visa Debit Card™ you automatically receive Personal Identity Theft Coverage (at no cost to you), up to $2,500.00, to pay for expenses you may incur as a result of a Covered Stolen Identity Event. Identity Theft Coverage provided by Indemnity Insurance Co. of North America. Certain limits and restrictions apply.