(Ages 18 & Up)
Whether your path leads to college, a trade school, or the workforce, you’ll have what you need to succeed with UECU. With the free UECU Mobile Banking App, the Freedom Checking Account, first-time borrowing options, and low-cost student loans, you won’t have to worry about how you’re going to reach your financial goals. We make it easy!
Start Your Savings Journey
- Open a Youth Savings Account – UECU deposits the first $5 to help you get started
- To supercharge your savings, open a CD (Certificate of Deposit)
- Learn about your investment options with Utilities Employees Investment Services. It’s never too early to start saving for the future.
Manage Your Money, Your Way
- Freedom Checking Account
- Free checking account until age 21 to help you get started
- Free debit card with Nationwide ATM surcharge rebates – Up to $4 per month
- VantagePoints™ debit card rewards – redeemable for cash back, digital gift cards, and loan rate discounts*
- UECU Mobile Banking App – easily monitor your account, set up real-time alerts, make payments, set up direct deposit, deposit checks, redeem your rewards points, and more!
- SavvyMoney® – Free credit score and credit report monitoring for members age 18 and older
Reach Your Financial Goals
- First Visa® Credit Card
- First Auto Loan
- First-time home-buyer program
- Student Loans
- Energy Trade School Loans
- Annual Scholarship Contest
- Financial Education – Find tips on important financial topics like… how to build good credit, how to spend and save responsibly, why it’s important to have a budget, and more!
When it comes to managing your money and figuring out which loan option is the best, it’s okay not to have all of the answers. As your financial partner, we’re here for you. Whether you need help using the UECU Mobile Banking App or want to learn more about your banking options, our Member Service Representatives are ready to help. Call 800.288.6423 or contact them via Live Chat at uecu.org.
Light-Bulb Moment: You can build good credit with a credit card
Credit plays a huge role in your finances; it affects your ability to take out loans, rent an apartment, and even the premiums you pay for your car insurance. But how can you establish good credit? One way you can get started is by opening a credit card, using it for purchases, and paying the balance in full each month. Start simple: use it for your gas and groceries, and then pay off your balance at the end of the month so you don’t have to pay interest on your purchases. With UECU’s Visa® Power Card™, you’ll also earn rewards points on your purchases – you can redeem your points for cash back, digital gift cards, and loan rate discounts.* After you’ve consistently used your card and made on-time payments, you should see a positive change in your credit score as long as nothing else has negatively affected it. You can monitor your credit score and report with SavvyMoney® in the UECU Mobile Banking App. But before you start using a credit card, estimate how much you can afford to charge and pay back each month so that you don’t carry a balance and have to pay interest.
Open a Youth Savings Account Today!
Apply for a Loan or Credit Card.
Have Questions? Need Help? 800.288.6423
*Rate reduction reward can be used on a new loan only. Rate reduction cannot be used on Visa® Power Card™, Home Equity Loans, Mortgages or Lines of Credit. 10,000 points is required to redeem a .25% rate reduction. Rate reduction is limited to a maximum of .25% per new loan. Maximum loan principal limit of $100,000 when redeeming a VantagePoints™ rate reduction. Merchant gift card and gift card availability subject to change.