(Ages 0 – 12 years)
Financial well-being begins with a solid foundation. Open an account and help your saver develop healthy financial habits for life. By setting aside the money they earn from allowance and holidays, they can build their savings and make their big ideas happen. With the UECU Mobile Banking App, you can easily transfer money to them, monitor their account, and track their savings progress.
- Youth Savings Account
- College Savings Accounts
- UECU Mobile Banking App for easy parent-to-child account transfers and account monitoring. Easily switch from your account to theirs in Mobile or Online Banking. Set up alerts to get notified about account changes.
- Teach them how to make deposits with the UECU Mobile Banking App – deposit birthday and holiday checks
- Free Piggy Bank to encourage healthy savings habits
- Printable coloring and activity pages to make learning about saving money FUN
- Financial Education
Youth Savings Account details:
- UECU deposits the first $5 to help youth get started on their savings journey
- Account earns dividends – kids can watch their savings grow as they earn interest
- Minors under age 16 must have a joint accountholder who is 18 or older
- No monthly service fees
Light-Bulb Moment: Savings Goals Help Kids Learn How to Save
Whether they are saving for a Lego set, a new gaming system, or a trip to their favorite amusement park, you can help them get started by setting a savings goal in the UECU Mobile Banking App. Log into their account together, scroll down to the Savings Goal tile and select Create a Savings Goal. Next, select the savings account and then pick what they are saving for. If what they want is not listed, select other and enter a description. After that, select the amount and the desired target date, and then Create Savings Goal. When you are finished, you’ll see a new custom tile for Your Savings Goal on the mobile dashboard. You can set up an automatic transfer into the savings account or simply click on the transfer button on the tile to make a transfer anytime. You can even transfer a portion of their weekly allowance to help them reach their goal!
Open a Youth Savings Account Today!
Have Questions? Need Help? Call 800.288.6423
Other Youth Banking Options:
(Ages 13 – 17)
(Ages 18 & up)
UECU does not collect or use personal information from children under 13. For more information about the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), visit the FTC website. Insured by NCUA. Effective as of 10/1/2023. Minimum deposit required to open youth savings account is $5 and balances of $5 or above will accrue dividends. Rates and terms subject to change without notice. Minors under age 16 must have a joint accountholder who is 18 or older on the Youth Savings Account and Freedom Checking Account.